Building a Roof? Protect Your Investment with GRACE Underlayment
GRACE Ice & Water Shield® protects a homeowner’s roof from the damaging effects of water intrusion due to wind-driven rain and ice dams. It’s a versatile underlayment material that may be used on sloped roofs, under mechanically attached roof coverings such as asphalt shingles, slate, tile, cedar, and standing seam metal in many climate and assembly conditions.
- Fully adhered roofing underlayment sticks aggressively to deck surface
- Forms a watertight seal around fasteners used to install shingles and other roof coverings
- Forms watertight seal at overlaps
- Protects all standard sloped roofs–slate, tile, shakes or metal, as well as ordinary asphalt shingles
Some Features and Benefits:
- Seals Around Fasteners! The rubberized asphalt layer in GRACE ICE & WATER SHIELD® membrane seals around fasteners, resisting leakage caused by water back-up behind ice dams, or from wind-driven rain.
- Superior Adhesion to the Deck — The self-adhesive membrane bonds firmly to the roof deck without need for heat or special adhesives.
- Watertight Laps — Membrane easily forms water-tight overlaps without special treatment.
- Protects under all standard sloped roof coverings — GRACE ICE & WATER SHIELD® roofing underlayment protects under slate, tile, cedar shakes or metal, as well as under conventional asphalt shingles.
- Proven track record — GRACE ICE & WATER SHIELD® roofing underlayment is the name brand in roofing underlayment with a track record of more than 35 years protecting roofs from ice dams and wind-driven rain.