Natural Beauty & Durability of Western Red Cedar Trim
- The natural beauty and durability of Cowichan Gold make it a popular, much sought after finished product for a variety of interior and exterior uses. The rich texture, durability and dimensional stability make it the preferred choice for many residential, commercial and industrial applications.
- Milled only from coastal Western Red Cedar trees, Cowichan Gold is simply the finest quality wood trim product on the planet, a throwback to the quality and craftsmanship of yester-year. Grown in coastal regions of British Columbia that produce fine, tight grained logs, Cowichan Gold is produced at one of the finest, state-of-the-art sawmills in the world, utilizing the most sophisticated cutting and planning equipment.
- Terminal Forest Products, which is the single source substrate supplier for Cowichan Gold, has attained chain of custody status (QMI-COC-001038) under the Forest Stewardship Council (FSC®), Sustainable Forest Management Certification.
- Western Red Cedar is one of the most rot and decay resistant species of wood in the world.
- Cowichan Gold is always vertical grain. There is no mixed grain or flat grain permitted, making each piece very consistent. Vertical grain lays flat, is more dimensionally stable and reduces cup or split. Cowichan Gold can be left natural for consistent weathering or its vertical grain provides an excellent base for stain or paint.